Tuesday, April 27, 2010

ASS-KICKED

Warr Lao.

So frigginass busy until i was literally running from meetings to meetings yesterday.
it's a miracle i didnt end up with my routine headaches by the end of the day.

I need to vent.

Therefore movie reviews will be my outlet.

KICK-ASS, in my humble opinion, is the best movie i've seen this year.
Kid you i do not. (yes. better than Dragon-Training. and no i havent seen Shutter Island so i cant compare it to that yet. who knows. i might edit this post once i watch it. dunno yet.)




It's been awhile since i felt that edge-of-your-seat constant heart-racing kancheongness for a movie. Where you get so drawn in to the show that cold sweat drips and your back gets all hot and slightly sweaty as the heat kinda turns up from the hot action happening before your eyes.

This movie did it.

I saw the Hit-Girl trailer sometime ago and i just knew i HAD to catch it.
Awesome action. Dark Humour. Great special fx. And a violentbitchmuthafighter 11 year old kid who could whoop ma ass and turn me limbless inside out anytime. If that even means anything.

Without Hit-Girl the movie would never work la.

Sweeet. - 4.5/5


HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON



Love love lovesit.
I'm an absolute sucker for dragons and riders in faraway lands during long-ago times.
Cliched storyline but really good storytelling.
Plus Toothless is so damn cute i cannot tahan.
I want a dragon too.

4/5


What else..........


Clash of the Titans was crap.
Wasted my 3D money.
Ended up watching most of the show with the 3D glasses on my forehead.



Look at the cute retro oldies poster of the original movie.




and the new ones.


Date Night was quite funny but ultimately pointless. I like Tina Fey though.
Unfortunately her limited acting capabilities are beginning to show. She might become one of those 1 dimensional actresses like Jennifer Aniston or Katherine Heigl who's always stuck in the same shell of characters no matter what movies they do.



Oh well.
I like her writing though.


NINE was boring.
some scenes were good.
But still made my eyelids heavy.



Had to skip through some songs to make the movie end faster.

Heh.

~

Blame Glee for putting Like A Virgin on my workplace music playlist now.
Stupid infectious musical remakes.
I never even liked the song before this.
Urgh.

2 comments:

tik said...

- Haven't watch Kick-Ass, saw many compliments about it. Will consider it.

- Love Hiccup and Toothless!! >.<

- Shutter Island. Heard zero compliment, so give up the desire to watch it. =.=

Jaemy.C said...

so u watch kickass yet? i wouldnt mind watching it again weh!

i havent seen shutter island still. X(

Related Posts with Thumbnails