Monday, December 27, 2010

MY CHRISTMAS POEM

I am feeling quaintly artsy and expressively expressive.
Therefore, i shall lament my recent Christmas escapade in the form of self-indulgent poetry.

Ambik ni:

As the joyous end of 2010 comes near,
Wallets and bank accounts sigh in fear,
The uproarious and yuletide season of giving,
Descents upon our daily living.

Presents and trees and decorations and lights,
Are indeed the things i cannot lose in sight,
But this year i decided to spread more cheer,
Cuz' God knows it's been a bitter year.
(paycheck conflicts, workspace antics, management politics and laziness tactics)

I turn my head, i grip my fist, i push my posture high,
I will not, cannot, stand another moment in depression plight,
So i declare emotional ignorance and pick my next procession,
And i approach dear Swen in a last bid for redemption,
"Oh please oh please let me join your cause"
"I want to feel loved instead of being perved".

"Come to church this Friday! we'll fix you up with something you can harold"
Swen pats my shoulder as she invites me for a plan to behold.
"It'll be fun it'll be swell you'll like it i promise u well
You'll prance and pout till you're smillin as hell".

With that, i found myself performing the deed,
Of donning a religious coat of festivity in need.
It wasnt easy i have to say,
It wasnt a cuppa tea, to my dismay.

There were steps to remember,
Vocal prowess to conjure,
A hipload of sign language to decipher,
But alas it was fun and thrilling and lots of carpooling
- Embracing the Caroling.



We tackled a sign language song,
That sent me on a confusion throng,
We suited up in pitch black,
Though some would frown and say Frak.

My commitment was limited,
As regretful as admitted,
But i pray i did not offend the many,
Whom i thought were downright sweet as honey.



So i salute the Anglican church which took me in,
For a short while of cheer and grin.
To Swen, Andrea, and Qian,
Thank u for not letting my December become "Sien".

Merry Christmas!







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails